Chef Pierre by Margaret McHeyzer


I have never read anything by Margaret McHeyzer before, but I saw the book trailer for Chef Pierre and I had to read it, and I'm so glad I did.
Set in Sydney, Australia, Chef Pierre tells the story of single Mum Holly, who is trying to move on with her life after losing her husband several years before. She gets a maitre de job in an exclusive restaurant, where she meets head chef Pierre. Pierre is typical of what you hear about celebrity chefs. Moody, arrogant, full of himself and he treats everyone badly. Pierre is going through his own heartache, after his wife died he has been focused on his work, then going home to wallow in his grief and drinking until he passes out. He meets Holly and thinks he can walk all over her, but Holly, being the strong independent woman she is, doesn't take any of his crap and I loved it. Holly is a great leading lady, that a lot of women can relate to. She's very real, and a character that was easy relatable and very likeable. Her relationship with her mother in law was beautiful. Both grieving for their son and husband, but making it work for Holly's daughter, Emma.
Pierre soon realises he wants more from Holly, and we see his softer side as the 2 get together. I loved how the author wrote Pierre's language. I read it as he would say it, in a french accent.
His relationship with Emma was precious and I loved that he taught her to talk french and how to cook. Emma was a delight to read and one of my favourite supporting characters I've read in a long time
The scenes between Holly and Pierre are hot! The sexual tension at the beginning between them was hot! The sex scenes are hot! I won't spoil it, but you may never look at Lemon Meringue pie the same way again!
The story has a few twists and emotional parts that kept me reading till late at night. I loved the theme of the chef, one I have never read before, and I really enjoyed. Made me want to visit the restaurant, the food sounded amazing!
Margaret McHeyzer is an author I will definitely be reading more of. She has a gift for drawing readers in till the very end and Chef Pierre definitely won't be my last book from her.
5 edible stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment